Customized Chemical Peels
This moderately aggressive treatment will drastically improve your skin’s texture, diminish fine lines, improve the skin’s clarity, and enhance the skin’s overall appearance—bringing that “glow” back. A physician-strength acid formula is customized to make this peel aggressive or mild, depending on your condition. This treatment is excellent to maintain healthy skin.
What is a Chemical Peel?
The truth is that many “peels” are actually concentrated fruit acids. The most common acids coming from: sugar cane, lemons, apples, grapes, and milk. These acids are formulated to penetrate deep into the epidermis and excite the building blocks of skin. The result is glowing healthy skin. The treatment at Vitalia MedSpa can take as little as thirty minutes and it will leave your skin looking younger, softer, and brighter!
The sound of a “Chemical Peel” can be a little intimidating at first. Rest assured that this easy treatment can actually be one of your skin’s best friends! See for yourself (video courtesy of PCA):
The Vitalia Chemical Peel Procedure
At Vitalia MedSpa, we do a detailed consultation and skin analysis to determine which peel is best suited for you. We then address your home care products to make sure you have the best tools to maintain your healthy glowing skin.
After examining your skin and determining what type of chemical peel would be best for your skin, the Medical Aesthetician will cleanse your skin. A physician-strength acid formula is customized to make the peel aggressive or mild, depending on your conditions and desires. A mild peel will leave your skin flaking for a couple days, while an aggressive peel will make your skin peel or slough off for 3 or 4 days. After the peel you are sent home with a thorough “Home Care” information sheet, to ensure you take care of your skin properly while it is peeling.
The best part of being at Vitalia is that you will have access to all of our skin care experts. We at Vitalia are here to accommodate you and take care of you every step of the way. Once you try a signature Vitalia peel, you will love how your skin looks and feels. We also offer great discounts for package purchases.
Facts to Consider
- If you are on a retinol-type product, it should be stopped five days prior to the peel and not resumed until five days after the peel. If not stopped, there is the potential for irritation and uneven penetration of the peel product.
- If you are pregnant and/or lactating, please talk with your aesthetician first.
- Do not work out for 48 hours after the peel. Getting heated internally can cause hyperpigmentation.
- Please do not wax, use depilatories, electrolysis or collagen injections done on your face for at least five days after your peel.
- Do not pick at the peeling skin. This can result in scarring. You can slough the dead skin off in the shower.
- Avoid direct sunlight after the peel. This can cause hyperpigmentation. SPF is a must!